Leslie F. Sikos, Ph.D. is a Semantic Web researcher at Flinders University, South Australia, specializing in knowledge representation, ontology engineering, and Linked Data. Living on the cutting edge of Internet technologies, he is a member of leading professional organizations, including the World Wide Web Consortium, the Internet Engineering Task Force, the Internet Society, and the Unicode Consortium. He is an invited editor and journal reviewer actively contributing to the development of open standards, and regularly works with the world’s leading publishing experts from Springer and Apress. Dr. Sikos is the author of 15 computer books, including “Web Standards”, an Amazon.com best seller. When he is not working, he enjoys reading, playing the organ, and cycling.
- Machine-readable metadata: RDFa, HTML5 Microdata, and JSON-LD in well-formed polyglot (X)HTML5; knowledge representation with RDF
- Ontology Engineering: building thesauri, controlled vocabularies, and ontologies using RDFS, OWL, and SKOS, especially in the multimedia domain
- Linked Open Data: converting unstructured documents to structured data, interlinking machine-readable statements, and publishing their datasets with an open license
Upcoming Conference Talks
- A Novel Approach to Multimedia Ontology Engineering for Automated Reasoning over Audiovisual LOD Datasets will be presented at the 8th Asian Conference on Intelligent Information and Database Systems (ACIIDS 2016) in March 2016 in Đà Nẵng, Vietnam.
- Sikos, L. F., Powers, D. M. W. Knowledge-Driven Video Information Retrieval with LOD: From Semi-Structured to Structured Video Metadata. In: Proceedings of Exploiting Semantic Annotations in Information Retrieval (ESAIR’15), 23 October 2015, Melbourne, Australia, DOI: 10.1145/2810133.2810141