Leslie F. Sikos, Ph.D. is a Web standardista specializing in Responsive Web Design, Semantic Web technologies, and Web accessibility. Being a textbook writer, he is the author of 13 computer books, including Web Standards, an Amazon.com best seller. Dr. Sikos is a member of several standardization bodies, including the W3C, and actively contributes to the development of open standards.
- Ph.D. in IT
- M.Ed. in IT
- B.Ed. in Computer Science
- B.Ed. in Technology
- Certificate in Systems Administration
- Certificate in Technological Management
- Website standardization in development and redesign according to all major recommendations and standards.
- Responsive Web Design for resolution-independent, mobile-friendly website development and maximized interoperability.
- Web accessibility to provide websites available to anybody, including people with disabilities. WCAG 1/WCAG 2 at all levels (A/AA/AAA), and Section 508.
- Semantic Web to make web pages meaningful to automated software agents. Semantic annotations, knowledge representation, machine-readable ontologies, Linked Open Data.
- Publishing, especially computer book writing, technical documentation, reviewing, and editing.
- Expert Author, Ezine Articles, 2013
- External reviewer, Symbion, 2013
- Invited reviewer, Journal of Accessibility and Design for All, 2012
- #2 best seller on Amazon in XML programming, 2012
- #3 “most wished for” book on Amazon in XML programming, 2012
- #37 best seller on Amazon in network programming, 2012
- 13 computer books, many of which are used as university textbooks, since 2004
- 13 media appearances, since 2004
- Government Scholarship for PhD studies, 2006–2009
- Invited reviewer, ATE, 2009
- Invited reviewer, RCR, 2009
- Article amongst the Top 25 Hottest Articles, ATE, 2009
- Most voted macro photograph, Canon photo competition “The Assignment”, 2008