Leslie F. Sikos, Ph.D. is a Semantic Web researcher at Flinders University, Australia, specializing in knowledge representation, ontology engineering, and Linked Data. Living on the cutting edge of Internet technologies, he is a member of industry-leading professional organizations. He is an invited editor and journal reviewer actively contributing to the development of open standards, and regularly works with the world’s leading publishing experts from Springer and Apress. Dr. Sikos is the author of 15 computer books, including “Web Standards”, an Amazon.com best seller. When he is not working, he enjoys reading, playing the organ, traveling, and cycling.
- Structured video annotations for knowledge representation of video contents
- Multimedia ontologies for the formal definition of depicted concepts
- Rulesets for spatiotemporal annotation of video events
- Ontology-based reasoning for automated video scene interpretation
- Sikos, L. F. A Novel Approach to Multimedia Ontology Engineering for Automated Reasoning over Audiovisual LOD Datasets. Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, vol. 9621, pp. 3–12. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-49381-6_1
- Sikos, L. F., Powers, D. M. W. Knowledge-Driven Video Information Retrieval with LOD: From Semi-Structured to Structured Video Metadata. In: Proceedings of Exploiting Semantic Annotations in Information Retrieval (ESAIR’15), 23 October 2015, Melbourne, Australia, DOI: 10.1145/2810133.2810141