Leslie F. Sikos, Ph.D. is a Web standardista specializing in website standardization, Responsive Web Design, Semantic Web technologies, and Web accessibility. He is a publishing expert with a variety of academic papers and 13 textbooks, including Web Standards, an Amazon.com bestseller. Dr. Sikos is a member of several standardization bodies, and actively contributes to the development of open standards.
- Ph.D. in IT
- M.Ed. in IT
- B.Ed. in Computer Science
- B.Ed. in Technology
- Certificate in Systems Administration
- Certificate in Technological Management
Main Fields Of Interest
- Website standardization in development and redesign according to all major recommendations and standards.
- Responsive Web Design for resolution-independent, mobile-friendly website development and maximized interoperability.
- Web accessibility to provide websites available to anybody, including people with disabilities.
- Semantic Web to make web pages meaningful to automated software agents.
- Multimedia including digital photography and videography, retouching, sound recording, animations, as well as CD/DVD/BD authoring.
- DTP and publishing, mainly computer book writing, technical documentation, and editing.
- Expert Author, Ezine Articles, 2013
- External reviewer, Symbion, 2013
- Invited reviewer, Journal of Accessibility and Design for All, 2012
- #2 bestseller on Amazon in XML programming, 2012
- #3 “most wished for” book on Amazon in XML programming, 2012
- #37 bestseller on Amazon in network programming, 2012
- 13 computer books, many of which are used as university textbooks, 2004–present
- Publications with 11 citations and 13 media appearances, from 2004
- Government Scholarship for PhD studies, 2006–2009
- Invited reviewer, ATE, 2009
- Invited reviewer, RCR, 2009
- Article amongst the Top 25 Hottest Articles, ATE, 2009
- Most voted macro photograph, Canon photo competition “The Assignment”, 2008
- Fifth position at the Implom spelling bee, 1997
- Excellent performance at a foreign language recite competition, 1994
- Outstanding essay prize, 1993
- Certificate of Merit, 1992