Leslie F. Sikos, Ph.D. is a Semantic Web researcher at Flinders University, Australia, specializing in knowledge representation, ontology engineering, and Linked Data. Living on the cutting edge of Internet technologies, he is a member of industry-leading professional organizations. He is an invited editor and journal reviewer actively contributing to the development of open standards, and regularly works with the world’s leading publishing experts from Springer and Apress. Dr. Sikos is the author of 15 computer books, including “Web Standards”, an Amazon.com best seller. When he is not working, he enjoys reading, playing the organ, traveling, and cycling.
- Structured video annotations for knowledge representation of video contents
- Multimedia ontologies for the formal definition of depicted concepts
- Rulesets for spatiotemporal annotation of video events
- Ontology-based reasoning for automated video scene interpretation
Upcoming Conference Talk
- Sikos, L. F. Rich Semantics for Interactive 3D Models of Cultural Artifacts. 10th International Conference on Metadata and Semantics Research, November 2016, Göttingen, Germany
- Sikos, L. F. RDF-Powered Semantic Video Annotation Tools with Concept Mapping to Linked Data for Next-Generation Video Indexing. Multimedia Tools and Applications, 2016.
- Sikos, L. F. A Novel Approach to Multimedia Ontology Engineering for Automated Reasoning over Audiovisual LOD Datasets. Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, vol. 9621, pp. 3–12. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-49381-6_1