Mastering HTML5, CSS3, and XML (Second Edition)
Web Standards: Mastering HTML5, CSS3, and XML provides solutions to the most common web design problems, and gives you a deep understanding of web standards and how they can be implemented to improve your web sites. You will learn how to develop fully standards-compliant, mobile-friendly, and search engine-optimized web sites that are robust, fast, and easy to update while providing excellent user experience and interoperability. The book covers all major web standards for markup, style sheets, web typography, web syndication, semantic annotations, and accessibility. The second edition has been fully updated with the latest in web standards, including the finalized HTML5 vocabulary and the full list of CSS3 properties.
Web Standards: Mastering HTML5, CSS3, and XML is also a comprehensive guide to current and future standards for the World Wide Web, demonstrating the implementation of new technologies to address the constantly growing user expectations. Web Standards: Mastering HTML5, CSS3, and XML presents step-by-step guides based on solid design principles and best practices, and shows the most common web development tools and web design frameworks. You will master HTML5 and its XML serialization, XHTML5, the new structuring and multimedia elements, the most important HTML5 APIs, and understand the standardization process of HTML 5.1, HTML 5.2, and future HTML5 versions.
Essential reading for web professionals
– D’Lynn Waldron, Ph.D., Golden Crane Award winner
What You’ll Learn:
- Responsive Web Design techniques to create mobile-friendly web sites, “Mobile First” approach
- The most common HTML5 APIs, CSS3 properties, and jQuery functions
- Cutting edge technologies for robustness, accessibility, machine-readability, and usability
- How to write structured data as HTML5 Microdata for Google Rich Snippets and the Google Knowledge Graph, and perform state-of-the-art Search Engine Optimization using Artificial Intelligence
Web Standards: Mastering HTML5, CSS3, and XML is as compulsory course literature or recommended reading at universities around the world, as for example, at the the University of Pittsburgh, the New Jersey Institute of Technology, the Swinburne University of Technology, and the South-West University.
Sikos includes here several important topics not covered in many of the other books on Web standards, including internationalization, server configuration, and Web syndication.
– Will Wallace, Computing Reviews
For further computer books of the author, check the full list of his computer books.