Leslie F. Sikos, Ph.D. [IPA: ˈʃikoʃ] (♂) is a Web standardista specializing in website standardization, Responsive Web Design, Semantic Web technologies, Web accessibility, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and multimedia. He is a publishing expert with numerous academic papers and 13 textbooks, including Web Standards, an Amazon.com bestseller. Dr. Sikos is a member of several standardization bodies, and actively contributes to the development of open standards.
Not just another Web developer
- Ph.D. in IT
- M.Ed. in IT
- B.Ed. in Computer Science
- B.Ed. in Technology
- Certificate in Systems Administration
- Certificate in Technological Management
- IT Consultant, LiveWire IT
IT Consultant • Head of Community Centre • Systems Administrator • Laptop Repair Technician • Information Technology Teacher • Technical Book Writer • Researcher • Lecturer • Project Contributor • Web Developer • Reviewer • Manager
Affiliations & memberships
- W3C Translation Volunteer Group, 2004–present
- HTML Info Team, 2004–present
- Wikipedia editor, 2008–present
- Web Standards Group, from 2010
- Internet Engineering Task Force, from 2010
- Internet Society, from 2010
- Unicode, from 2010
- Guild of Accessible Web Designers, from 2010
- Web Industry Professionals Association, from 2010
- Open Digital Rights Language Initiative, from 2010
- International Webmasters Association, from 2010
- Center for Information Retrieval, 2005–2006
- Integrated Security Research & Development Centre (futurIT), 2006–2010
Main fields of interest
- Website standardization in development and redesign according to all major recommendations and standards.
- Responsive Web Design for resolution-independent website development and maximized interoperability.
- Web accessibility for providing websites available to anybody, including people with disabilities.
- Semantic Web in order to make web pages meaningful to automated software agents.
- Multimedia including digital photography and videography, retouching, sound recording, flash, as well as CD/DVD/BD authoring.
- DTP and publishing, mainly technical book writing, online article editing, brochures, flyers, covers, business cards and technical translations.
- Computer networks, server configuration
- Operating systems, Windows and Linux administration
- Hardware maintenance and repair, supervision and tuning
- Integrated and online security, access control, biometrics
- Reliability, Availability, Maintenance and Safety (RAMS)
- Higher education and curricula development, presentations
- Expert Author, Ezine Articles, 2013
- External reviewer, Symbion, 2013
- Invited reviewer, Journal of Accessibility and Design for All, 2012
- #2 bestseller on Amazon in XML programming, 2012
- #3 “most wished for” book on Amazon in XML programming, 2012
- #37 bestseller on Amazon in network programming, 2012
- 13 computer books, many of which are used as university textbooks, 2004–present
- Publications with 11 citations and 13 media appearances, from 2004
- Government Scholarship for PhD studies, 2006–2009
- Invited reviewer, ATE, 2009
- Invited reviewer, RCR, 2009
- Article amongst the Top 25 Hottest Articles, ATE, 2009
- Most voted macro photograph, Canon photo competition “The Assignment”, 2008
- Fifth position at the Implom spelling bee, 1997
- Excellent performance at a foreign language recite competition, 1994
- Outstanding essay prize, 1993
- Certificate of Merit, 1992
- English, Hungarian (fluent/native)
- German (intermediate)
- Spanish, Portuguese, French, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Latin (basic)